Deep Magic Tangles

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Learning to Network

I recently met the delightful president of the Derby Arts Council, Cheryl Bannon. She was intrigued by my Zentangle® art, and invited me to submit a piece for the upcoming art auction. This auction serves as a fundraiser for the Derby Community Foundation, and takes place at an annual gala event called "Uncorked".
Here is the piece I donated...

"There's No Place Like Home"

In exchange for the donation of art, I will receive a free ticket to the "Uncorked" gala. I'm hopeful about meeting some folks that may be able to help propel me to fame and fortune....well...at least spread the word around town that I offer Zentangle® classes.

I wonder if this hand-wringy, insecure, uncomfortable, embarrassed feeling will ever go away? I wonder if other people who draw (see? I find it virtually impossible to call myself an...artist) have this gnawing, deep-seated need for approval? This fear of rejection and vexing consciousness of...exposure?  

No comments:

Post a Comment