Deep Magic Tangles

Thursday, November 9, 2017

Helloooo! I'm Still Alive!

I don't even know how to explain why I haven't posted in...gulp..over three years. I don't really have to explain to you, though, do I? You know. You know, because your life is just like mine. So we'll just move along, OK??

I haven't been creating much this year. Been a tough year, and my creative bone has been, well, a little broken. I did make some bookmarks, which is kind of my favorite thing the past two-three years. They're small, don't take much time, and I really enjoy personalizing them and giving them as birthday and special occasion remembrances.

This year I made one for each of my oldest three daughters. My youngest daughter's birthday had already passed when I had the idea, so hers is coming next year. I find bookmarks for guys a little trickier somehow, so my son's is still in the offing, too.

I got out my calligraphy stuff last May and enjoyed practicing and piddling with it for a few weeks, so I used my lovely brush markers for their names. When they were small, I had a plaque in each of their rooms with their name and the meaning of their name on it. Name meanings are important.



Number One is the picture of diligence. So faithful, so steadfast, such a strong woman of conviction. Her favorite book is The Count Of Monte Cristo




Number Three is truly a "Bright One". Brings light and love and laughter everywhere she goes. She loves gems and sparkles (like me!), so I created some tangled gems for hers.



Number Two is our darling peacemaker. She was the middle child for seven years until Number Four came along. Middle children learn a lot about getting along. Such a precious, tender heart...but more grit and determination than can be measured. Her great love is horses. These last two were my first foray into tangling with just pencil, for a lighter, ethereal look. Kind of cool.

Thanks for bearing with me over these dry years. You're my kindred spirits. 

1 comment:

  1. What beautiful and thoughtful bookmarks!! I have only recently started tangling and found the website and your blog.

    ReplyDelete